Our online CoreMacro™ course has been designed to help individual investors/traders or professionals at institutions obtain the core knowledge to help them navigate successfully in the global financial markets. To this end, there are three learning objectives:
- Investment Environment/Asset Classes: gain a solid understanding of the investment landscape. Traditional investment products such as mutual funds, bonds, equities and commodities are covered. A unique understanding of the role of portfolio theory in the process is examined and how this relates to alternative investments.
- International Finance and Derivatives: in the global financial environment, understanding specific risks such as foreign exchange and political are critical to successful investing/trading . How to mitigate and take advantage of political events and price changes through derivatives will be looked at.
- Monetary Policy, Financial Crises and Forecasting: students will gain a strong understanding of the critical role of monetary policy and business cycles plus an overview of financial crises. The tools of macroeconomic models and forecasting will be critically evaluated to develop a deeper and more critical view of the financial markets and the limitations of policy.
Online Access to the
24 hour course | 1 year access
Equity and Commodity Markets
- Financing Capital Investments
- Role of Financial Statements
- Understanding Depreciation
- Finance/Economic Value
- Free Cash Flow Calculations
- DCF NPV Analysis
- Risk & Required Return
- Business Value Creation